All carriers with 25+ vehicles with registered gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more must now electronically file Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290 with the IRS.
Filing your 2290 is easy, just follow these three simple steps:
• The IRS will not be accepting IRS 2290 returns from August 31, 2013, at 10 p.m. EST until September 3, 2013, at 12 p.m. EST due to weekend system maintenance. Please be advised that Comdata will not be submitting returns to the IRS during this period. Any return submitted during this window of time will be submitted to the IRS once their system is back online. If you have any questions, please contact ComdataTax2290@comdata.com.
What is Comdata IRS 2290?
Comdata IRS 2290 is an IRS-certified electronic heavy vehicle use tax filing service, designed to help you streamline the 2290 filing process.
Need More Information?
To answer any questions you might have about the 2290 filing requirements and Comdata’s simple solution, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. We also have a quick steps guide to walk you through filing with Comdata IRS 2290. You can contact Comdata at ComdataTax2290@comdata.com.
- Certified IRS e-filing partnership
- Self-service and full-service filing options
- Ability to process annual and monthly filings, as well as amendments, supplements and credits
- Schedule 1 IRS e-file watermark copy available within 24 hours
- IRS payment capabilities via Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) or ACH direct debit
- VeriSign secured SSL 128-Bit Encryption