Simplify Your IRS-2290 Tax Filing Process
Eliminate unnecessary steps by submitting your taxes online. Our IRS-certified program for heavy vehicle tax filing helps lighten your workload with a streamlined process.
IRS System Maintenance Notification:The IRS will not be accepting Form 2290 and 8849 submissions from December 26, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time until their system goes back online in January 2015. The exact date and time the IRS will be back online is unknown at this time. Please be advised that Comdata will not be able to send returns to the IRS during this period. Any returns submitted during this window of time will be sent to the IRS once their system is back up.
If you have any questions, please contact ComdataTax2290@comdata.com.
Who should file IRS-2290 taxes electronically?
Also known as the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form (HVUT):
- Electronic filing (e-file) is required for fleets over 25 vehicles with a gross vehicle registered weight of over 55,000 pounds.
- Anyone can file electronically, even if you have less than 24 vehicles in your fleet.
What are my options with Comdata?
- Self-service: Process and e-file annual returns, supplements, amendments and credit filings online.
- Full-Service: Let our experienced specialists take care of submitting your information for you.
What are the benefits of filing with Comdata?
- Schedule 1 IRS e-file watermark copy available within 24 hours.
- Comdata is a certified IRS e-filing partner (provider).
- Secure Internet communication with VeriSign SSL 128-Bit Encryption.
- IRS payment capabilities via Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) or ACH direct debit.